Monday, September 19, 2005

While I was out...

Purse: felting in the washer even as we speak
Crayons socks: nearing completion
Grad school application: sent

What? You hadn't heard about the grad school application? What a coincidence, neither had I. I called the UW on Tuesday, thinking to get a bit of information on the M.Ed. program at UW Bothell, and the lady said "Well, our deadline is over for Fall Quarter, but if you get the application in by Friday, we'll process you with the others."

Aaaaaaaack!

One 1200-word essay on "What does a professional educator do?" and 20 pages of forms later including two letters of recommendation from a co-worker and my boss, and I posted the application packet just before the 3:45 mail pick-up at the Mountlake Terrace post office.

You understand, I hope, why there was no posting this week whatsoever. Oh, and we had an open house for our new place yesterday (Sunday) to add to my stress load.

But now, the stress is gone. The house was cleaned in the nick of time, our friends, colleagues, and family enjoyed themselves, and I haven't a blessed paper to write for days.

Maybe I'll do some knitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teyani said...

congrats on the courage to apply for grad school!!
I LOVED being in grad school for my MA in clinical psych - went to Antioch in Seattle..
you go girl! Its hard work, but exciting.. and yes, occasionally, you'll get to knit!
If you wonder why I've been posting to your blog.. I enjoy your projects and your writing.. and have decided not just to "lurk" in others blogs.. so much more fun with the interaction!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Thanks, Teyani, I really appreciate your comments. Hopefully grad school will be okay...but it's a masters in education, which means it will be filled with mindless guilt-inducing drivel. But hey, it's all good!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home