Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bananamonkey Roscoe and Friends

So...I've been bitten by the craft bug. Bitten badly. Here is a sampling of what I've been up to in the last week, NOT including Christmas presents.

Bananamonkey Roscoe was my final entry into Etsy's amigurumi competition. Click on the picture to see more poses at the shop site.


And here is my progress on Kiri. I've done 10 repeats of the leaf pattern in chart 2, and am planning on doing two more before starting the edging with chart 3. This is a great knit, and everything you see has come from only one ball of yarn, of which I probably have 1/8 left.


Here is the scarf I was starting in the last post. I knitted it diagonally, increasing one stitch every row on one side and decreasing one stitch every row on the other. It's pretty long, probably 7.5 feet.


And another bulky scarf, knit from rosy-orange handspun Blue-faced Leicester, in a simple basketweave pattern to keep it from curling.


Progress has been made on the Crusoe socks. I've turned both heels and am progressing up the ankle.


And here is my pride and joy, 300 yards of sport-weight superwash superfine Merino, destined to become either socks or gloves, depending on whether I can figure out how to knit the fingers nicely before Christmas. I had to have some impressive yarn for my Christmas knitting, because one of my cousins' wives is an avid knitter of Opal sock yarns, and since I came to sock knitting later in the game than she did, I'm sure as shootin' gonna have better yarn to make up for it!


Merry Christmas, one and all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Wow, Bananamonkey Roscoe is so cute! Your other knits look wonderful too, quite a busy week!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Thanks, I was sad to see Roscoe go, but he's got a good home now.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home