Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stealth project

I often forget to blog about what I'm knitting. I realize this defeats the purpose of having a knitting blog, but it's just so hard to lay down the needles sometimes in order to type up a post. No excuse, I know.

But I have been working on a project for a couple of weeks now, and since I've gotten to the blocking stage, I figured it was high time to post a picture. I'm making the Sienna Cardigan, from the Fall '06 Interweave, in Handpaintedyarn.com bulky handspun wool, in the "thistle" colorway. This is obviously not the yarn called for in the pattern, but I got gague, and I think it's turned out pretty well:




Don't be alarmed by the oddly disparate sizes of the sleeves. It's a camera illusion. I measured them several times, and they are actually the same width. 14" at the armscye, 10" at the cuff.

I cannot begin to describe how much I love this yarn. It is soooooo soft, and the color variegation and thick-and-thin texture were enough to keep me interested all the way up the stockinette back and sleeves. And so far I've only used 5 skeins! Talk about a bargain. I'll probably make it through skein #6 doing the collar and button bands, but even so, that's pretty inexpensive for a cardigan. I am doing 3/4 length sleeves, because I'll be wearing this to work, and I tend to push my sleeves up while I'm typing, so I'd rather not have to.

Now I've just got to wait for this to dry, and then I get to mattress stitch!

Shop news
I've put up four new sock yarns in the shop and one new roving. I really love the tourmaline colorway. Pretty, pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home